Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Synchronic

Synchronic

Alone, it all makes sense to them
but together they fall out of time,
like an old clock which fell behind and was no longer of
use to anyone.

The chimes stopped working.

They fell silent like a small voice during the night
which nobody can hear
because it isn’t there.

They cannot function together,
though independently they are on fire.
Burning with creative passion.
In the heat of the moment, nothing else matters.
A world of her own.

A cry is let out.
She turns around and sees her own image
staring back at her.
Together they fall out of time.

2 Comments:

At April 04, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger duffy said...

Love it! I like your use of enjambement to create the sense of waiting.

What about putting "they fell silent" on a line of its own? I wonder if Mrs Blethers would agree with me.

 
At April 04, 2006 11:40 PM, Anonymous Jimmy said...

Didn't chime for me~but what do I know~I'm not really into cryptic poems~have you read Kenneth Koch I like the way he writes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home